Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blue, Circles
Some cool Computers images:

Six Blue Circles





Computers


Image by qthomasbower

The successor to Six Red Circles, better late than never, is finally here!

Second in a series of desktop computer art work I've been creating to celebrate the Visual Mashups group and the wonderful people who belong to this art group.

This is a processed blend of six images from the art pool, each depicting some artist's vision of a blue circle, plus a few extra images from the pool, for shape and color and texture.

Postprocessing work done with computer software applications Picasa and Photoshop - on my Windows and Apple Mac computers in my home office / workspace / workplace - for color, shape, and symmetry.

"It has a sort of Celtic mysticism ..." - polychromes d'Anne R

Floral Wallpaper - with notes on my É"ıʇsıʇɹɐ process ;-)

Computers


Image by qthomasbower

This is a simple blend of some digital photos I took last year of some purple flowers.

I am often asked about my process. In all honesty, here is the process I used when creating this blended wallpaper:

Step 1. TAKE UGLY PHOTOS

I was taking a series of unflattering pictures of the Phoenix, Arizona cityscape and desert to send to some friends back east. The message being, "well at least you don't live here!"

Near the apartments where I used to live, there was a patch of purple floral ground covering which was quite unattractive, so I took numerous shots of it from many focal lengths and angles.

Step 2. BLEND THEM AS A JOKE

After I created my earlier red flower blends, I rediscovered this set, so I blended "the ugly purple flower photos" just for fun. I was surprised how pretty it turned out, but I still wasn't satisfied.

For months, I've tried to turn this blend into something stunning, with no luck. During this time, I randomly set this blend as my own computer desktop wallpaper, and promptly forgot about it.

Step 3. LET SOMEONE SEE THEM ACCIDENTALLY

My housemate walked into my home office the other day, during a rare moment when I had no windows open on my computer, and saw the desktop and said, "Wow! Pretty!"

I was a little surprised, since he's quite a collector of digital wallpapers, but I thought, hey, if he likes it as is, maybe some other folks will, too.

Step 4. RESIZE AND PUBLISH TO FLICKR

So I polished up the blend a little, resized it to standard desktop wallpaper sizes, and decided to upload it as is. If anything ever comes to me, I'll put the "finished" version up later!


-
All Sizes: View

Wallpaper Size (1024x768): View   Download

Wallpaper Size (1600x1200): View   Download
-


Other posts like this, by keyword:

Blue:

Good Sky maps and atlases for beginners with Black/ Dark Blue background? ...
Male Nude Photography- Naked Producers In Blue Frost, Kansas ...
Harlequin comics: Blue Moon Bride Reviews ...
Blue Jean Baby: One Girl’s Trip Through The 1960s L.A. Music Scene ...
Retribution: Tears of the Blue Stone (Rob Saunders’ Thriller/Suspense Series) ...
Blue Dahlia (In the Garden Series) ...
High School Nicknames Throughout History: the Best Humor from Blue Donut ...
Blizzard On Blue Mountain (Cabin Creek Mysteries) ...
Fashion Kitty (Bccb Blue Ribbon Fiction Books (Awards)) ...
Blue Sheep Reverie Volume 2 (Yaoi) ...
Circles:

How do I remove the dark circles under my eyes? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment