Saturday, February 26, 2011

Q&A: What are some good, meaningful lines from British literature and poetry?



Your Ad Here



Literature
by the_scaremongers

Question by Chloe M,: What are some good, meaningful lines from British literature and poetry?

I am doing a school project that involves selecting lines from British literature and poetry. I have to pick lines from novels, poems, short stories and essays by British writers from throughout the eras. At the moment I only have 10 lines and I could use some help selecting some more. If anyone has anything in mind, I would be very grateful! Thanks!




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by vampire of styx
"War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength."
- From Nineteen Eighty-four by George Orwell.
"Please, sir, I want some more."
-from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment