Sunday, January 23, 2011

What is the download speed that I can expect when I connect from India to US using a 512kbps line?



Your Ad Here





Question by Suresh: What is the download speed that I can expect when I connect from India to US using a 512kbps line?

We are trying to connect to a server located in the US from our India offices. We have a 512kbps line and we find that there is a latency of about 350ms. When I try to download a file, it takes a lot of time (About 6 hours for downloading a 1GB file). Is this reasonable? How can I calculate the expected download speed, given latency and the bandwidth? Is there any formula to calculate the download speed? Are latency and bandwidth the only factors involved?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by dc1984us
6 hours for a 1 GB file isn't that bad..especially over a 512kb line from India...Go to Cnet.com and they have a bandwidth tester on there. It'll tell you what speed your running at.





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment